Because if you're safe on the mountain you'll have a good time.
FREESTYLE TERRAIN WARNINGS & INSTRUCTIONS
- Trail ratings do not apply to terrain features.
- Terrain Features are not related to degree of difficulty.
- Inspect terrain features before use.
- You are the sole judge of your ability to use any terrain feature, work your way up.
- Terrain feature shapes and surface conditions change with weather and use.
- Use spotters when landing area is not visible.
- Do not stop on landing areas.
- Use of features can be dangerous; you assume all risks of injury or death.
- Aerial somersaulting maneuvers not recommended.
THE SMART STYLE PROGRAM
The four main points of Smart Style:
- MAKE A PLAN
Every time you use Freestyle Terrain, make a plan for each feature you want to use. Your speed, approach and takeoff will directly affect your maneuver and landing.
- LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP
Scope around the jumps first, not over them. Know your landings are clear and clear yourself out of the landing area.
- EASY STYLE IT
Start small and work your way up. (Inverted aerials not recommended).
- RESPECT GETS RESPECT
From the lift line through the park.
Each feature can be broken down into 4 zones. Identify these zones and have a plan before using any Freestyle Terrain.
Approach zone is the space for setting your speed and stance to use the feature.
Takeoff zone is for making moves that start your trick.
Maneuver zone is for controlling your body in the air and setting up for landing.
Landing zone is the prepared slope between the knuckle and the runout beyond it.