Boot & Helmet Fitting Guidelines
Boots Must Be Comfortable (no pain)
- Not too loose (don’t want foot to slide around)
- Not too tight (don’t want circulation hindered)
Toes near the front of boot
- Not stuck, curled, or mashed against the front
Buckle boot, stand up, and bend knees forward
- Shins pushed against front of boot
- Heel should remain in place
- Foot must remain secure inside boot
Boreal offers several styles of boots for wide, narrow, and athletic feet/calves.
Helmet should be snug and comfortable
- Not to tight (should not be headache inducing)
- Not to loose (should not move when moving your head)
Align the front rim of your helmet just above your eyebrows
- Back of your helmet should not touch the nape of the neck
- Roll head back making sure helmet does not roll back
- Move head left and right, holding helmet. You should not be able to move your head inside while holding the helmet.
If you rent your gear from Boreal, you receive FREE all-day ski and board check service. Accessory lockers are available to store your shoes or clothing for two dollars. After you have been fitted properly, you can exit the rental shop right to the base of the mountain and meet your ski or snowboard instructor at the Snowsports School Meeting Corral.